Thursday 27 November 2014

Visual Arts South West Annual General Meeting 2014

I've had some great support from Visual Arts South West over the past couple of years, and today I had the pleasure of saying thanks, and talking for five minutes about what I've been with the support over the past twelve months: Attended a Reith lecture by Grayson Perry. Wrote about it on an application and was selected for the wonderful Critical Writing for the Visual Arts residential course at Arvon in Devon where I met a great bunch of creative people, who could write, laugh and cook like rascals. I was selected for the AA2A at University of Central Lancashire and I'll install my work, inspired by being at the University, and by the Al Mutannabbi Street project, next week. It will be exhibited 3 - 19 December. I was awarded the New Opportunities Award commission which has supported me to be mentored by artist Lyndall Phelps, and attend the Folkestone Triennial. I'll leave you to decide which image goes with which project... (except Lyndall's excellent work for the London Canal Museum is the hanging piece made of circular structures www.physics.org/superposition I've had to leave one image out as its copyright lies with Bridport Museum, but it will be shown in May 2015 at Bridport Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join in.